Capitals sign Kolomatis
The Washington Capitals, parent club of the AHL's Hershey Bears, have signed defenseman David Kolomatis to a one-year, two-way contract.
Kolomatis, 24, recorded 28 points (eight goals, 20 assists) and 18 penalty minutes in 46 games last season with Manchester of the American Hockey League. He led all Monarchs defensemen in points, goals and assists despite playing in just 46 of the team’s 76 regular-season games. Kolomatis registered six penalty minutes in four playoff contests.
The 5-foot-11, 195-pound blueliner has collected 110 points (29 goals, 81 assists) and 118 penalty minutes in 254 career AHL games with Manchester and Providence. A native of Livingston, N.J., Kolomatis was originally drafted by Los Angeles in the fifth round (126th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension
- Williams spreads winning wisdom
- Portland signs Bissonnette to PTO
- Bibeau's solid start not a surprise