Capitals sign Micflikier
The Washington Capitals, parent club of the AHL's Hershey Bears, have signed left wing Jacob Micflikier to a contract for the 2011-12 season.
In addition, the Bears have agreed to terms with goaltender Daren Machesney on an AHL contract.
Micflikier, 27, comes to the Washington organization after the best season of his pro career in 2010-11. He scored 29 goals and assisted on 32 others for 61 points in 78 games for Charlotte (AHL), finishing third on the club in scoring.
A native of Winnipeg, Man., Micflikier has played 193 AHL games during his four professional seasons, recording 55 goals and 71 assists for 126 points.
Machesney, 24, played 84 games for Hershey from 2006-09, and most recently appeared in seven games between Springfield and Worcester last season. In 112 career AHL contests, Machesney shows a record of 51-42-5 with six shutouts.
A native of Hamilton, Ont., Machesney was originally selected by Washington in the fifth round of the 2005 NHL draft. He was a member of the Bears' Calder Cup championship team in 2009.
- Sharks-Sound Tigers postponed
- Falcons come out the victor in high-scoring affair
- Ness a true team leader for Bridgeport
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins
- Kostopoulos, Fortunus to captain All-Stars
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Wolves sign Eager to AHL deal