Checkers ink Malhotra to tryout
The Charlotte Checkers announced today that the team has signed center Manny Malhotra to a professional tryout agreement.
Malhotra, 33, has played in 864 NHL games, posting 278 points (108 goals, 170 assists) and 421 penalty minutes. The former first-round pick (seventh overall) in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft has played for the New York Rangers, Dallas Stars, Columbus Blue Jackets, San Jose Sharks and, most recently, the Vancouver Canucks.
Malhotra, a native of Mississauga, Ont., has represented Canada at the World Championships and has also won a Calder Cup with the AHL’s Hartford Wolf Pack in 2000. He has six goals and 11 assists in 40 regular-season games and one goal and two assists in 28 playoff games in the AHL, all with Hartford from 1999-2001.
- Back from injury, Merrill thriving in AHL
- Monthly award winners for October named
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Pelley, Devils major in chemistry
- IceHogs duo keeping it all in the family
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- AHL announces suspension
- Megna leads Pittsburgh to victory