Checkers sign Bowman to AHL deal
The Charlotte Checkers announced today the team has signed forward Drayson Bowman to an American Hockey League contract.
Bowman, 23, split the 2011-12 season between the Checkers and Carolina Hurricanes, setting NHL career highs in games played (37), goals (6), assists (7) and points (13). He also added 13 goals and 13 assists (26 points) in 42 AHL games with Charlotte.
The Littleton, Colo., native has 16 points (8g, 8a) in 69 career NHL games with Carolina and 88 points (42g, 46a) in 149 career AHL games with Albany and Charlotte.
Bowman, a third-round pick (72nd overall) of the Hurricanes in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, played junior hockey for Spokane of the Western Hockey League (WHL) prior to turning professional, where he notched 242 points (130g, 112a) in 265 games and helped the Chiefs capture the 2008 Memorial Cup championship.
- Rangers hire Drury in development role
- Wolf Pack ink Oleksuk
- Chabot named to Wild coaching staff
- Kulak reflects on wild rookie season
- Blackhawks re-sign Nordstrom
- Heat, Condors to head outdoors
- True North to expand MTS Iceplex
- Phantoms sign Rosehill to AHL deal