Colaiacovo to Griffins for conditioning stint
The Detroit Red Wings on Friday assigned defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo to the Grand Rapids Griffins for conditioning.
Colaiacovo, 30, appeared in two games with Detroit this season before suffering an injury on Jan. 21 at Columbus. A native of Toronto, Colaiacovo was drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs with the 17th pick of the 2001 NHL Entry Draft and saw time with his hometown team before a trade to St. Louis in 2008-09. In 372 NHL games with the Maple Leafs, Blues and Red Wings, he has registered 139 points (30-109—139) and 191 penalty minutes.
The 6-foot-1, 200-pound defenseman spent parts of five seasons in the AHL with the St. John’s Maple Leafs and Toronto Marlies from 2003-08, showing 72 points (16-56—72) and 127 penalty minutes in 132 games.
Colaiacovo last played in the AHL on Dec. 26, 2007, while on a conditioning stint with the Marlies.
- Panik attack gives Crunch OT win
- Arcobello's hat trick pulls Barons level
- Hellberg shuts door on Stars to even series
- Falcons pull out overtime win in Game 1
- Kolarik scores twice as Pens drop Sens
- Great Scott! Four-goal game boosts Marlies
- Stars edge Milwaukee in overtime
- Brody Sutter nets pair as Checkers win in OT