Comets ink two-time All-Star O'Reilly
The Utica Comets announced today that the team has signed forward Cal O'Reilly to an American Hockey League contract.
O’Reilly, 27, had been playing in Russia since the start of the 2012-13 season. The Toronto native has recorded 57 goals and 208 assists for 265 points in 288 career AHL games for Milwaukee, Portland and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and was an AHL All-Star in 2009 and 2010.
O'Reilly has also notched 41 points (13g, 28a) in 113 National Hockey League games for Nashville, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
He was originally drafted by Nashville (fifth round) in 2005.
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record