Comets ink two-time All-Star O'Reilly
The Utica Comets announced today that the team has signed forward Cal O'Reilly to an American Hockey League contract.
O’Reilly, 27, had been playing in Russia since the start of the 2012-13 season. The Toronto native has recorded 57 goals and 208 assists for 265 points in 288 career AHL games for Milwaukee, Portland and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, and was an AHL All-Star in 2009 and 2010.
O'Reilly has also notched 41 points (13g, 28a) in 113 National Hockey League games for Nashville, Phoenix and Pittsburgh.
He was originally drafted by Nashville (fifth round) in 2005.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future