Comets sign defenseman Negrin
The Utica Comets have signed defenseman John Negrin to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season.
Negrin, 24, split the 2012-13 season with the AHL’s Chicago Wolves and Lake Erie Monsters as well as the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL. In 18 AHL games in 2012-13, Negrin registered two goals and three assists along with a plus-3 rating. He collected nine points (two goals, seven assists) in 44 contests with Kalamazoo.
The 6-foot-2, 202-pound native of Vancouver, B.C., was a third-round draft choice by Calgary in 2007. He has appeared in 127 career AHL games with Lake Erie, Chicago, St. John's and Abbotsford, totaling seven goals and 23 assists for 30 points.
Negrin made his NHL debut with Calgary at the end of the 2008-09 season, notching one assist in three games.
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa