Comets sign Guimond for 2013-14
The Utica Comets have signed defenseman Sacha Guimond to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season.
Guimond, 22, spent the majority of his first professional season in the ECHL, where he was named that league's outstanding defenseman and earned spots on the All-Rookie Team and All-ECHL First Team. Guimond notched 12 goals and 37 assists for 49 points in 58 games between San Francisco and Gwinnett, and added two goals and four assists in 10 playoff games for Gwinnett.
A 6-foot-2, 185-pound native of Ville-Marie, Que., Guimond also appeared in six AHL contests with Worcester and Norfolk, going scoreless.
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension