Comets sign Guimond for 2013-14
The Utica Comets have signed defenseman Sacha Guimond to an American Hockey League contract for the 2013-14 season.
Guimond, 22, spent the majority of his first professional season in the ECHL, where he was named that league's outstanding defenseman and earned spots on the All-Rookie Team and All-ECHL First Team. Guimond notched 12 goals and 37 assists for 49 points in 58 games between San Francisco and Gwinnett, and added two goals and four assists in 10 playoff games for Gwinnett.
A 6-foot-2, 185-pound native of Ville-Marie, Que., Guimond also appeared in six AHL contests with Worcester and Norfolk, going scoreless.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know