Corvo assigned to Wolves
The Chicago Wolves announced Wednesday that defenseman Joe Corvo has been loaned to the team by the National Hockey League’s Ottawa Senators.
Corvo, who has three goals and seven assists in 25 games with Ottawa this season, has produced 92 goals and 218 assists in 708 regular-season games in the NHL with Los Angeles, Ottawa, Carolina, Washington and Boston.
In 256 AHL contests with Springfield, Lowell, Manchester and Chicago, Corvo has tallied 43 goals and 100 assists for 143 points.
The 36-year-old native of Oak Park, Ill., helped the Wolves reach the 2005 Calder Cup Finals, contributing seven goals and seven assists in 23 regular-season games before adding four goals and five assists in 18 playoff games.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Positive outlook driving Hunt’s career
- Playoff Primer: Apr. 4
- Community spirit resonates with Knight
- Man of the Year team award winners named
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Warsofsky's development a dream in progress
- Monthly award winners for March named