Coyotes acquire McMillan
The Phoenix Coyotes, parent club of the AHL's Portland Pirates, have acquired left wing Brandon McMillan from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for center Matthew Lombardi.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound McMillan has played in six games with the Ducks this season registering one assist. He also has recorded eight goals and five assists for 13 points in 41 games with the AHL's Norfolk Admirals.
The 23-year-old native of Richmond, B.C., has recorded 11-15-26 and 40 PIM in 91 career NHL games with Anaheim. McMillan was originally drafted by the Ducks in the third round (85th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity