Coyotes assign players to Portland
The Phoenix Coyotes announced today that the club has assigned 29 players to the Portland Pirates, their American Hockey League affiliate.
The players assigned to Portland include forwards Scott Arnold, Alexandre Bolduc, Chris Brown, Chris Conner, Brett Hextall, Rob Klinkhammer, Phil Lane, Jordan Martinook, Andy Miele, Joel Rechlicz, Brendan Shinnimin, Jordan Szwarz and Ethan Werek; defensemen Mathieu Brodeur, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Maxim Goncharov, Brandon Gormley, Mark Louis, David Rundblad, Michael Stone, Chris Summers and Justin Weller; and goaltenders Louis Domingue, Chad Johnson, Mike Lee, Mark Visentin.
In addition to the above players, forwards Evan Bloodoff, Darian Dziurzynski and Maxime Villemaire will report to Portland's training camp on AHL contracts.
Portland, which is set to begin its second season as the Coyotes' AHL affiliate, is scheduled to open training camp on Friday, September 28.
- Rangers hire Drury in development role
- Wolf Pack ink Oleksuk
- Chabot named to Wild coaching staff
- Kulak reflects on wild rookie season
- Blackhawks re-sign Nordstrom
- Heat, Condors to head outdoors
- True North to expand MTS Iceplex
- Phantoms sign Rosehill to AHL deal