Coyotes sign goalie Johnson
The Phoenix Coyotes, parent club of the AHL's Portland Pirates, announced today that the team has signed goaltender Chad Johnson to a one-year, two-way contract.
The 6-foot-3, 205 pound Johnson posted a record of 22-18-6 with a 2.49 goals-against average and a .919 save percentage in 49 games with the Connecticut Whale, the New York Rangers' AHL affiliate, in 2011-12.
The 26-year-old native of Calgary, Alta., has spent his entire career with the Rangers organization, appearing in six games with the Rangers, posting a record of 1-2-1. In 136 career games with the Whale/Hartford Wolf Pack, Johnson has notched a 62-55-11 record with a 2.58 GAA and a .910 save percentage with six shutouts.
Johnson was originally selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the fifth round (125th overall) in the 2006 Entry Draft.
- Nylander's hat trick lifts Marlies in Game 4
- Vincent named Moose head coach
- AHL Morning Skate: May 27
- Monsters heading to Calder Cup Finals
- Bears rookie Bowey has come a long way
- Marlies-Bears Game 4 on SiriusXM
- AHL Morning Skate: May 26
- Bears dismantle Marlies, go up 3-0