Coyotes sign Kennedy to contract
The Phoenix Coyotes, NHL affiliate of the AHL's Portland Pirates, have signed center Tim Kennedy to a one-year, two-way contract.
In 2012-13, the 5-foot-11, 180-pound Kennedy recorded 13 goals and 24 assists for 37 points in 37 games with the AHL's Worcester Sharks, along with two goals in 13 NHL games with San Jose.
Over five pro seasons, Kennedy has appeared in 230 AHL games, notching 56 goals and 137 assists for 193 points. With Portland in 2008-09, Kennedy led all AHL rookies in scoring with 67 points and earned a spot on the league's All-Rookie Team.
The Buffalo, N.Y., native has recorded 13 goals and 18 assists for 31 points in 125 NHL games with San Jose, Florida and Buffalo.
Kennedy was originally drafted by the Washington Capitals in the sixth round of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.
- Flames expecting big things from Baertschi
- Helmer reflects on epic career
- Monsters name Ladouceur assistant coach
- Wolves sign six-time All-Star Locke
- Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
- VIDEO: Griffins' Calder Cup run (Part 3)
- Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
- Griffins sign McIntyre to AHL pact