Coyotes sign Klinkhammer
The Phoenix Coyotes, parent club of the AHL's Portland Pirates, have signed left wing Rob Klinkhammer to a one-year, two-way contract.
The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Klinkhammer recorded 14 goals and 27 assists for 41 points in 53 AHL games between Binghamton and Rockford last season. He also skated in 15 NHL games with Ottawa, collecting two assists.
The 25-year-old native of Lethbridge, Alta., has registered 68 goals and 100 assists for 168 points in 343 career AHL games. In addition to the 15 NHL games with Ottawa this past season, Klinkhammer appeared in one game with Chicago during the 2010-11 season.
Klinkhammer originally signed with the Chicago Blackhawks as an undrafted free agent in 2007.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions