Crunch sign Rankin to AHL contract
The Syracuse Crunch have signed right wing Evan Rankin to a one-year AHL contract.
Rankin, 27, enters his sixth professional season in 2013-14 after spending the last two years with the Rochester Americans. In 2012-13, Rankin totaled 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points in 48 games with the Amerks.
In 97 career AHL games with Rochester, Grand Rapids and Manitoba, Rankin has collected 31 goals and 32 assists for 63 points.
The native of Portage, Mich., played four seasons at the University of Notre Dame before turning pro.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things