Crunch sign Rankin to AHL contract
The Syracuse Crunch have signed right wing Evan Rankin to a one-year AHL contract.
Rankin, 27, enters his sixth professional season in 2013-14 after spending the last two years with the Rochester Americans. In 2012-13, Rankin totaled 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points in 48 games with the Amerks.
In 97 career AHL games with Rochester, Grand Rapids and Manitoba, Rankin has collected 31 goals and 32 assists for 63 points.
The native of Portage, Mich., played four seasons at the University of Notre Dame before turning pro.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension