Dallas assigns Smith, Morrow to Texas
The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that Dallas has assigned left wing Reilly Smith and defenseman Joe Morrow to Texas.
Smith, 21, has skated in 28 games for Dallas this season, earning six points (3g, 3a), including one helper in Monday night's game against Minnesota. The Toronto native scored his first career NHL goal on Feb. 15 against Vancouver and returns to Texas having scored 27 points (11g, 16a) for them this season.
Smith was Dallas' third-round selection (69th overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Morrow, 20, has skated in 57 games with Pittsburgh's AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, this season, where he has earned 15 points (4g, 11a). The Edmonton native was acquired from Pittsburgh on Mar. 24 along with a fifth-round pick in 2013, in exchange for Brenden Morrow and Dallas' third-round pick in 2013.
Morrow was Pittsburgh's first-round selection (23rd overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
- Barons' Davidson values health, hockey
- Iowa Wild name Frederickson team president
- P-Bruins support The One Fund Boston
- Larsen "proud" heading into playoffs
- Blues, Wolves announce affiliation
- AHL Weekly Release
- MacIntyre has chance for redemption
- Hellberg named CCM/AHL Player of the Week