Dallas recalls Petersen
The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced Saturday that Dallas has recalled center Toby Petersen from Texas.
Petersen, 34, has appeared in a team-high 65 games with 23 points (7g, 16a) this season with Texas. He spent five of his nine NHL seasons with the Dallas Stars and posted five points (2g, 3a) in 39 games during the 2011-12 campaign with Dallas.
In 397 career NHL games with Pittsburgh, Edmonton and Dallas, Petersen has posted 81 points (33g, 48a) and 50 penalty minutes. His career-best for points in a season is 18 points (8g, 10a), set during the 2001-02 season with the Penguins.
Originally drafted in the ninth round (No. 244th overall) by Pittsburgh, the Bloomington, Minn., native made his NHL debut with the Penguins against Ottawa on Dec. 5, 2000.
- Penguins' Peters is thriving in playoffs
- The legend of Cody Bass continues to grow
- WATCH: MacIntyre's miraculous save
- Even with lead, Zettler sees room for improvement
- Crunch double up Pirates, take 2-0 lead
- Griffins bounce back to even series
- Bass master of OT again
- Penguins head home up 2-0