Davidson returns after cancer treatment
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Brandon Davidson returned to the Barons lineup Friday night, just three months after undergoing successful treatment for testicular cancer.
Davidson, a 6-foot-1, 202-pounder from Lethbridge, Alta., last played on Oct. 28 against Texas. His treatment included removing the cancerous tissue and one round of chemotherapy. Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (162nd overall).
Davidson was in the starting lineup as the Barons hosted Grand Rapids in the opener of a two-game weekend set at the Cox Convention Center.
- Rallo returning to Stars
- Bower making annual trip to RI Reds reunion
- Hartley lauds benefits for Adirondack Flames
- Rampage's Weiss named winner of Ellery Award
- Pirates sign defensemen Oberg, Southorn
- Meech re-signs with Texas
- Wolves re-sign Harper, add three
- Cassidy keeps Providence pipeline producing