Davidson returns after cancer treatment
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Brandon Davidson returned to the Barons lineup Friday night, just three months after undergoing successful treatment for testicular cancer.
Davidson, a 6-foot-1, 202-pounder from Lethbridge, Alta., last played on Oct. 28 against Texas. His treatment included removing the cancerous tissue and one round of chemotherapy. Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (162nd overall).
Davidson was in the starting lineup as the Barons hosted Grand Rapids in the opener of a two-game weekend set at the Cox Convention Center.
- Green gains recognition with another solid season
- Peters blanks Pirates to force Game 5
- AHL announces suspension
- AHL Morning Skate: April 30
- AHL Plays of the Week: April 29, 2016
- Reign, Gulls to meet in second round
- Gulls use special teams to snuff out Stars
- Reign advance with Game 4 win