Davidson returns after cancer treatment
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Brandon Davidson returned to the Barons lineup Friday night, just three months after undergoing successful treatment for testicular cancer.
Davidson, a 6-foot-1, 202-pounder from Lethbridge, Alta., last played on Oct. 28 against Texas. His treatment included removing the cancerous tissue and one round of chemotherapy. Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (162nd overall).
Davidson was in the starting lineup as the Barons hosted Grand Rapids in the opener of a two-game weekend set at the Cox Convention Center.
- Nylander's hat trick lifts Marlies in Game 4
- Vincent named Moose head coach
- AHL Morning Skate: May 27
- Monsters heading to Calder Cup Finals
- Bears rookie Bowey has come a long way
- Marlies-Bears Game 4 on SiriusXM
- AHL Morning Skate: May 26
- Bears dismantle Marlies, go up 3-0