Davidson returns after cancer treatment
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Brandon Davidson returned to the Barons lineup Friday night, just three months after undergoing successful treatment for testicular cancer.
Davidson, a 6-foot-1, 202-pounder from Lethbridge, Alta., last played on Oct. 28 against Texas. His treatment included removing the cancerous tissue and one round of chemotherapy. Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (162nd overall).
Davidson was in the starting lineup as the Barons hosted Grand Rapids in the opener of a two-game weekend set at the Cox Convention Center.
- NHL.com: Keefe key in Leafs' rebuild
- Janik 'more than excited' to return home
- Vatrano named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- #AHLOTB: Building a better Binnington
- Vatrano scores four to lead Bruins
- Dynamic duo leads new-look Pirates
- Gulls finally land back on San Diego ice
- Eager crowd turns out for Heat opener