Davidson returns after cancer treatment
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Brandon Davidson returned to the Barons lineup Friday night, just three months after undergoing successful treatment for testicular cancer.
Davidson, a 6-foot-1, 202-pounder from Lethbridge, Alta., last played on Oct. 28 against Texas. His treatment included removing the cancerous tissue and one round of chemotherapy. Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (162nd overall).
Davidson was in the starting lineup as the Barons hosted Grand Rapids in the opener of a two-game weekend set at the Cox Convention Center.
- The kids are all right
- Sedlak's torrid stretch boosting Monsters
- Series snapshot: Bears vs. Monsters
- Samuelsson named Checkers' head coach
- Schedule finalized for 2016 Calder Cup Finals
- 'No doubt' Coreau will be NHL goalie
- AHL grads battling for Stanley Cup
- Walker first Aussie to play for Calder Cup