Davidson returns after cancer treatment
Oklahoma City Barons defenseman Brandon Davidson returned to the Barons lineup Friday night, just three months after undergoing successful treatment for testicular cancer.
Davidson, a 6-foot-1, 202-pounder from Lethbridge, Alta., last played on Oct. 28 against Texas. His treatment included removing the cancerous tissue and one round of chemotherapy. Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the sixth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft (162nd overall).
Davidson was in the starting lineup as the Barons hosted Grand Rapids in the opener of a two-game weekend set at the Cox Convention Center.
- Predators sign Bass
- Ellis signs on with Capitals
- Ducks ink Zolnierczyk to one-year deal
- Coyotes sign pair to contracts
- New Jersey signs Danis, Gragnani
- Sabres sign Cal O'Reilly
- Morris named head coach of Checkers
- Marlies sign Campbell, four others