Devils acquire Loktionov from Kings
The New Jersey Devils on Wednesday acquired center Andrei Loktionov from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for their fifth-round selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Loktionov will be assigned to the American Hockey League’s Albany Devils.
Loktionov, 22, is in his fourth professional season after splitting each of the previous three between Los Angeles and Manchester (AHL). The 5-foot-11, 180-pound forward has appeared in 37 games with the Monarchs in 2012-13, recording seven goals and 15 assists for 22 points and six penalty minutes.
A native of Voskerensk, Russia, Loktionov has notched 29 goals and 68 assists for 97 points in 132 AHL games with Manchester, as well as seven goals and seven assists for 14 points in 59 NHL games with Los Angeles.
Loktionov was Los Angeles’ fifth-round choice (123rd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
- McKenna's journey again leads to Portland
- 628 AHL alumni on NHL opening-night rosters
- Pouliot ready to work his way back up
- Boston loans Smith to Iowa
- AHL Live announces early-bird deals
- Cup champs Berube, O'Neill on move
- AHL announces staff addition
- Gulls a boon to youth hockey in San Diego