Dogs' pound now FirstOntario Centre
The home arena of the Hamilton Bulldogs, formerly known as Copps Coliseum, has been officially renamed FirstOntario Centre.
The City of Hamilton as well as Global Spectrum, facility managers of FirstOntario Centre, completed a 10-year naming rights agreement with FirstOntario Credit Union on Thursday.
In business since 1939, FirstOntario Credit Union originated in Hamilton as the Stelco Employees Credit Union and now serves close to 100,000 members, offering a full suite of banking products. FirstOntario operates 27 full-service branches, serving 14 communities across the Hamilton, Halton, Niagara, Haldimand/Norfolk, Brant, Norwich and Oxford regions.
The Bulldogs’ first game in the newly-renamed FirstOntario Centre will be on Feb. 15 when they will host the Texas Stars.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future