Ducks recall Maroon, Smith-Pelly
The Anaheim Ducks, NHL parent club of the AHL's Norfolk Admirals, recalled forwards Patrick Maroon and Devante Smith-Pelly from the Admirals on Monday.
Maroon, 24, has appeared in nine games for Anaheim this season, scoring one goal with seven penalty minutes. He collected his first career NHL goal on Feb. 16 at Nashville, beating Pekka Rinne for the game-tying goal in a 3-2 shootout win.
Maroon has earned 17 goals and 19 assists for 36 points, along with 113 PIM, in 48 AHL games with Norfolk this season, and was named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Mar. 10 after tallying six points (4-2) in three games.
Smith-Pelly, 20, has appeared in five contests with Anaheim this season. The second-year pro has also appeared in 47 contests with the Admirals this season, scoring seven goals and 13 assists for 20 points along with 49 PIM.
Selected in the second round (42nd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, Smith-Pelly made his NHL debut with Anaheim in 2011-12, collecting 7-6-13 in 49 contests.
- Adrian Kempe preparing for a statement season
- From Croatia, Rendulic hopes to make history
- Scherbak is out to earn roster spot in Montreal
- Nathan Lieuwen out to prove how good he can be
- Dell, Grosenick hope to seize opportunity with Sharks
- Fresh off Calder Cup, Falk aiming for job with Sabres
- Bednar paid his dues on way to becoming Avs coach
- Kostopoulos keeping future options open