Ducks return Rakell to Norfolk
The Anaheim Ducks announced Thursday evening that the club has reassigned center Rickard Rakell to the Norfolk Admirals, Anaheim’s primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League.
Rakell, 20, made 18 appearances with the Ducks in the regular season (four assists) and skated in three games during the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs (one goal, one assist).
Rakell notched 14 goals along with 23 assists for 37 points in 43 games for Norfolk this season, finishing fifth on the team in points and tied for third in assists.
The Sundbyberg, Sweden, native returns to the Admirals in time for what could be a series-clinching Game 4 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series versus the Manchester Monarchs on Friday.
- Stars take Game 5, go home up 3-2
- IceCaps-Penguins on NHL Network Radio tonight
- AHL Morning Skate: May 31
- Mouillierat eyeing bigger goal
- Brennan still waiting for opportunity
- Abbott scores three as Marlies tie series
- IceCaps win third straight, up 3-1 on Pens
- AHL Morning Skate: May 29