Ducks return Rakell to Norfolk
The Anaheim Ducks announced Thursday evening that the club has reassigned center Rickard Rakell to the Norfolk Admirals, Anaheim’s primary development affiliate in the American Hockey League.
Rakell, 20, made 18 appearances with the Ducks in the regular season (four assists) and skated in three games during the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs (one goal, one assist).
Rakell notched 14 goals along with 23 assists for 37 points in 43 games for Norfolk this season, finishing fifth on the team in points and tied for third in assists.
The Sundbyberg, Sweden, native returns to the Admirals in time for what could be a series-clinching Game 4 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series versus the Manchester Monarchs on Friday.
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things
- Canucks, Stars have 'unusual' familiarity
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH