Education, drug testing program implemented
NEW YORK/SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... An education and drug testing program will be implemented for American Hockey League players, effective for the 2014-15 season, the National Hockey League and American Hockey League announced today.
The details of the AHL program, which was the result of a collaborative effort between the two leagues (NHL and AHL), the National Hockey League Players’ Association and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association (which represents AHL players in collective bargaining), substantially replicate the collectively bargained policies already in place for NHL players.
The AHL drug testing program will be administered by the doctors who supervise the NHL/NHLPA Performance-Enhancing Substances Program and the Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Program.
- Johnson, Palat seek to build on breakout seasons
- Morin looking to contribute with Dallas
- AHL partners with Upper Deck
- Fraser's goal: Score spot with Bruins
- Marchessault fitting right in
- AHL announces front-office addition
- PHATS/SPHEM honors Bears' Stuck
- Springfield extends affiliation with Columbus