Falcons, Blue Jackets continue affiliation
The Springfield Falcons announced Tuesday that the club and its NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets, have mutually agreed to exercise the option on their affiliation for the 2014-15 season.
Springfield began its affiliation with Columbus in 2010. Current members of the Blue Jackets who developed in Springfield include Cam Atkinson, Matt Calvert, Ryan Johansen, David Savard, Dalton Prout, Boone Jenner and Curtis McElhinney.
In addition, the Falcons have reached an agreement with the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority to exercise the option on their lease at the MassMutual Center in downtown Springfield for next season.
The Falcons are the reigning Northeast Division champions, advancing to the second round of the 2013 Calder Cup Playoffs. The team currently leads the division again this season with a 16-4-1-1 record and the best points percentage in the Eastern Conference.
- AHL All-Stars to be announced Thursday
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Olympic rosters feature 149 AHL alumni
- McCollum steps up for Griffins
- Stars sign All-Star defenseman Meech
- AHL announces suspension
- Comets-Barons moved to Thursday
- Heeter named CCM/AHL Player of the Week