Falcons play OT card again, oust Monarchs
|Game 4 (OT)|
Nick Drazenovic scored off a two-on-one rush 8:06 into overtime on Saturday night, giving the Springfield Falcons a 4-3 win over the Manchester Monarchs and a 3-1 series victory.
All four games in the series were decided by a single goal, and the Falcons joined the 1956 Cleveland Barons as the only teams in AHL history to win three overtime games in a single best-of-five series.
Springfield stormed back from a 3-1 deficit in Game 4, with Boone Jenner and Michael Chaput scoring late in the second period to tie the game.
Blake Parlett opened the scoring for Springfield exactly 100 seconds into the game, and Colton Yellow Horn answered for Manchester at 8:33 of the first period. Linden Vey then scored his first two goals of the series to give the Monarchs a 3-1 lead.
Curtis McElhinney stopped 37 of 40 shots for the Falcons. Martin Jones made 37 saves on 41 shots for the Monarchs.
Springfield will face either Syracuse or Hershey in the second round beginning next week.
- Reunited top line helps turn around series
- Calder Cup Finals to open Saturday
- Crunch with eyes on the big prize
- Griffins head home with 3-2 series lead
- AHL Morning Skate: June 2
- Griffins blank Barons to even series
- Crunch deliver knockout punch, 7-0
- AHL Morning Skate: June 1