Falcons sign Mass. native Lavin
The Springfield Falcons announced Monday the addition of Joe Lavin to the 2013-14 roster, signing the third-year defenseman to a one-year American Hockey League contract.
Lavin, who spent the last two seasons with the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs, tallied one goal and eight assists in 39 games in 2012-13 and has accumulated 27 points (four goals, 23 assists) with 40 penalty minutes in 112 career AHL games. Lavin was named the IceHogs’ rookie of the year in 2011-12.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder joined Rockford at the end of the 2010-11 regular season after finishing his collegiate career as captain at the University of Notre Dame.
The Shrewsbury, Mass., native was a fifth-round selection of the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
- 2015 All-Star tickets to go on sale
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know
- Weiss to Griffins on conditioning loan
- AHL announces suspension