Falcons sign Mass. native Lavin
The Springfield Falcons announced Monday the addition of Joe Lavin to the 2013-14 roster, signing the third-year defenseman to a one-year American Hockey League contract.
Lavin, who spent the last two seasons with the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs, tallied one goal and eight assists in 39 games in 2012-13 and has accumulated 27 points (four goals, 23 assists) with 40 penalty minutes in 112 career AHL games. Lavin was named the IceHogs’ rookie of the year in 2011-12.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pounder joined Rockford at the end of the 2010-11 regular season after finishing his collegiate career as captain at the University of Notre Dame.
The Shrewsbury, Mass., native was a fifth-round selection of the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future