Fern Flaman (1927-2012)
Hockey Hall of Famer Fern Flaman, a former player, coach and manager in the American Hockey League, passed away on Friday night at the age of 85.
Flaman's passing was announced by Jim Gregory on the floor of the NHL Entry Draft prior to the start of the second round in Pittsburgh this morning.
Flaman played more than 900 games in the National Hockey League, but also skated in the AHL with the Hershey Bears (1946-47), Pittsburgh Hornets (1950-51) and Providence Reds (1961-64). Known as a bruising standout defenseman, Flaman also coached the Reds for four seasons before going on to a lengthy coaching career at Northeastern University.
- Barons sign NHL vet Williams
- Falcons sign Hoeffel, Labrie
- Borgford apoointed as OKC assistant coach
- IceHogs' Danault finding his niche
- Hoffman hoping to stick in Ottawa
- Paek to lead Korean hockey program
- Veilleux joins Norfolk as assistant coach
- AHL time has served Connolly well