Flames acquire Calgary native Colborne
The Calgary Flames announced today that they have acquired center Joe Colborne from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Calgary’s fourth-round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Colborne, a native of Calgary, was originally drafted in the first round (16th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft by the Boston Bruins. Last season Colborne scored 14 goals and added 28 assists for 42 points in 65 games for the Toronto Marlies in the American Hockey League in addition to playing five games with the Maple Leafs.
Colborne has appeared in 211 career AHL games with Toronto and Providence, collecting 50 goals and 75 assists for 125 points. He reached the Calder Cup Finals with the Marlies in 2012.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future