Flames acquire Calgary native Colborne
The Calgary Flames announced today that they have acquired center Joe Colborne from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Calgary’s fourth-round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Colborne, a native of Calgary, was originally drafted in the first round (16th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft by the Boston Bruins. Last season Colborne scored 14 goals and added 28 assists for 42 points in 65 games for the Toronto Marlies in the American Hockey League in addition to playing five games with the Maple Leafs.
Colborne has appeared in 211 career AHL games with Toronto and Providence, collecting 50 goals and 75 assists for 125 points. He reached the Calder Cup Finals with the Marlies in 2012.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions
- Timmins gives Devils more than offense
- The A-List: 10 things you need to know