Flames, Flyers trade AHL forwards
The Calgary Flames, parent club of the AHL's Abbotsford Heat, have acquired right wing Mike Testwuide from the Philadelphia Flyers, parent club of the AHL's Adirondack Phantoms, in exchange for Mitch Wahl.
Testwuide has been assigned to the Heat, while Wahl will report to the Phantoms.
Testwuide, a native of Vail, Colo., has played the past three seasons with Adirondack, accumulating 32 goals and 38 assists for 70 points in 161 games. In 2012-13, the 26-year-old Testwuide has tallied two goals in 19 contests.
Wahl, 23, has spent most of this season with Utah in the ECHL while adding one goal in six AHL games with Abbotsford. In 54 career AHL games with Abbotsford and Hamilton, Wahl has totaled five goals and 10 assists for 15 points. The native of Seal Beach, Calif., was a second-round draft choice by Calgary in 2008.
- Vrana named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Folin reaps Iowa benefits
- Nothing came easy for Penguins' Mouillierat
- #AHLOTB: Sharks reflect on time with Sommer
- AHL Plays of the Week: Feb. 5, 2016
- Pair of long-standing records soon to fall
- Leighton on verge of breaking shutout record
- AHL extends agreement with Extenet Systems