Flames sign Calder Cup champ Billins
The Calgary Flames, parent club of the AHL's Abbotsford Heat, have signed defenseman Chad Billins to a one-year, two-way deal.
Billins, a native of Marysville, Mich., is coming off a Calder Cup championship as a member of the Grand Rapids Griffins. In 76 games in 2012-13, Billins netted 10 goals and 27 assists for 37 points along with 40 penalty minutes. He was also 5-for-5 in shootout attempts, and represented Grand Rapids at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic.
The 24-year-old Billins, who played four seasons at Ferris State University, recorded two goals and 12 assists for 14 points in 24 playoff games for the Griffins.
- Senators beat Markstrom, Comets
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge