Flames sign Calder Cup champ Billins
The Calgary Flames, parent club of the AHL's Abbotsford Heat, have signed defenseman Chad Billins to a one-year, two-way deal.
Billins, a native of Marysville, Mich., is coming off a Calder Cup championship as a member of the Grand Rapids Griffins. In 76 games in 2012-13, Billins netted 10 goals and 27 assists for 37 points along with 40 penalty minutes. He was also 5-for-5 in shootout attempts, and represented Grand Rapids at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic.
The 24-year-old Billins, who played four seasons at Ferris State University, recorded two goals and 12 assists for 14 points in 24 playoff games for the Griffins.
- Flames expecting big things from Baertschi
- Helmer reflects on epic career
- Monsters name Ladouceur assistant coach
- Wolves sign six-time All-Star Locke
- Bulldogs sign Hamilton native Schiestel
- VIDEO: Griffins' Calder Cup run (Part 3)
- Predators sign two-time AHL All-Star Rodney
- Griffins sign McIntyre to AHL pact