Flames sign Taylor from Abbotsford
The Calgary Flames, parent club of the AHL's Abbotsford Heat, announced today they have signed goaltender Danny Taylor.
Taylor has a record of 13-9-1 in 26 appearances with the Heat this season, ranking second in the AHL with a 1.77 goals-against average and fourth with a .930 save percentage.
In 120 career AHL games with Abbotsford, Springfield, Syracuse and Manchester, Taylor owns a record of 59-37-8 with 11 shutouts, a 2.32 GAA and a .914 save percentage.
He has appeared in one game in his NHL career, stopping eight of 10 shots in one period of work with Los Angeles on Mar. 29, 2008.
Taylor was originally drafted by the Kings in the seventh round (221st overall) of the 2004 NHL Draft.
Taylor will join the Flames in Columbus on Wednesday evening.
- Rampage's Movember off to successful start
- Clendening excited for rare opportunity with Hawks
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of '15
- Double duty for Rocco Grimaldi
- AHL announces suspensions
- What a difference a year makes
- Monarchs' Shore named Player of the Week
- Grosenick perfect in NHL debut with San Jose