Flyers recall Wellwood
The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled left wing Eric Wellwood from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms.
Wellwood, who turns 23 on Wednesday, joins the Flyers for the second time this season. He played the first four games of the season with the Flyers before being loaned to Adirondack on Jan. 26.
Wellwood spent the 2012-13 season with Adirondack prior to the NHL season getting under way. In 43 games, he has six goals and six assists for 12 points along with eight penalty minutes. In 31 career games with the Flyers, Wellwood has five goals and five assists for 10 points. He appeared in all 11 playoff games for the Flyers last season.
- Start of Flames era has Glens Falls buzzing
- NHL taste has Hishon eager to return
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team