Flyers recall Wellwood
The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled left wing Eric Wellwood from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms.
Wellwood, who turns 23 on Wednesday, joins the Flyers for the second time this season. He played the first four games of the season with the Flyers before being loaned to Adirondack on Jan. 26.
Wellwood spent the 2012-13 season with Adirondack prior to the NHL season getting under way. In 43 games, he has six goals and six assists for 12 points along with eight penalty minutes. In 31 career games with the Flyers, Wellwood has five goals and five assists for 10 points. He appeared in all 11 playoff games for the Flyers last season.
- Education, drug testing program implemented
- Providence, Boston extend affiliation
- 2014-15 AHL schedule unveiled
- Holland looking to make the leap
- Namestnikov enjoys NHLPA Rookie Showcase
- Khokhlachev ready for NHL shot
- Lehigh Valley signs Hextall to AHL deal
- Former AHL player coping with ALS