Geoffrion releases statement
Hamilton Bulldogs forward Blake Geoffrion, who suffered a depressed skull fracture during a game versus the Syracuse Crunch on Nov. 9, issued the following statement today:
“I want to sincerely thank all fans, friends, family members and everyone from the hockey world for the incredible support I have received. I was cleared by the neurosurgeon and the Club’s medical staff to return home for a three-week period of complete rest. I am very happy to be home for Thanksgiving. I would like to thank Dr. Mulder and the Club’s medical staff, as well as the entire medical personnel at the Montreal General Hospital for their extraordinary care. I am very grateful to Geoff Molson and Marc Bergevin for the unrelenting support they have shown myself and the members of my family. I also wish to thank all members of the media for respecting this healing period.”
Geoffrion underwent successful surgery on Nov. 9 and is out indefinitely, and the medical staff is expecting a complete recovery from his injury.
- Czarnik hoping to exceed expectations
- Tucson GM: "being competitive now-now-now"
- Leland Irving is hoping for another win in his life
- New coach takes the reins at Wild's AHL affiliate
- AHL Hall of Fame announces Class of 2017
- Grant hoping to secure Sabres roster spot
- Brossoit determined to find NHL form
- Lagace off to strong start in camp