Griffins-Marlies outdoor tix on sale
The Grand Rapids Griffins are offering fans the chance to be a part of AHL and NHL history this winter with ticket packages that include a ticket to both the Griffins’ first-ever outdoor game against the Toronto Marlies at Comerica Park on Dec. 30 and the 2013 NHL Winter Classic between the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1.
The Griffins are offering Winter Classic tickets ($129, $149 and $219) that come bundled with a ticket to the Griffins’ outdoor game ($18, $28 and $38). Tickets for the AHL game only are also being offered in those same price levels. The available seats can be viewed in the seating chart for Michigan Stadium here and for Comerica Park here.
For a limited time, these Winter Classic ticket bundles can be purchased as part of a Griffins Full Season, Partial Season or FLEX ticket package. For seats and pricing information, call (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or click here to request information online.
The game will mark the Griffins’ first outdoor game and the fifth outdoor contest in AHL history. The game will be part of the Red Wings’ 2012 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival, a series of college, junior and NHL alumni contests that will lead up to the NHL Winter Classic. A preliminary schedule of the two-week long Celebration of Hockey can be viewed here.
- Five-point night for Miele powers Griffins over Toronto
- Pouliot off and running with WBS Penguins
- Kostopoulos, Fortunus to captain All-Stars
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Wolves sign Eager to AHL deal
- Callahan looks 'to be great every night' for Griffins
- Guerin, Weinrich named All-Star honorary captains
- Return to hockey ideal for Ilya Bryzgalov