Griffins sign defenseman Evans
The Grand Rapids Griffins on Tuesday signed veteran defenseman Brennan Evans to a one-year contract.
Evans, 30, spent the past two seasons with the Peoria Rivermen, recording two goals, five assists and 125 penalty minutes while skating in all 76 games in 2011-12.
In nine professional seasons, Evans has recorded 14 goals and 86 assists for 100 points, along with 1,349 PIM, in 636 AHL games with the Rivermen, Toronto Marlies, Iowa Chops, Worcester Sharks, Binghamton Senators and Lowell Lock Monsters.
The 6-foot-4, 225-pound native of North Battleford, Sask., has played in two career NHL games, both with Calgary during the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- Coyotes acquire Dahlbeck
- Noesen's adversity gives way to resiliency
- Panthers acquire Heatley from Anaheim
- Playoff Primer: Feb. 28
- Romasko one step away from history
- Another strong season earns Lindberg a look
- Brent Sopel announces retirement
- AHL Highlights of the Week