Griffins sign defenseman Evans
The Grand Rapids Griffins on Tuesday signed veteran defenseman Brennan Evans to a one-year contract.
Evans, 30, spent the past two seasons with the Peoria Rivermen, recording two goals, five assists and 125 penalty minutes while skating in all 76 games in 2011-12.
In nine professional seasons, Evans has recorded 14 goals and 86 assists for 100 points, along with 1,349 PIM, in 636 AHL games with the Rivermen, Toronto Marlies, Iowa Chops, Worcester Sharks, Binghamton Senators and Lowell Lock Monsters.
The 6-foot-4, 225-pound native of North Battleford, Sask., has played in two career NHL games, both with Calgary during the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- #AHL80 Fan Favorite Moments
- NHL, AHL clubs look to future at Draft
- AHL alumni collect NHL awards
- Giving love to the Monsters
- A-Devils' Ciceri to retire
- IceHogs' Peck honored with Ken McKenzie Award
- Mark Lamb hired as head coach of Tucson
- AHL Marketing Meeting underway in Pittsburgh