Heat re-sign goaltender Taylor
The Abbotsford Heat announced today the signing of goaltender Danny Taylor to a one-year American Hockey League contract.
Taylor joined the Heat after signing as a free agent on Dec. 2, 2011. In 43 AHL games between Abbotsford and Springfield last season, Taylor earned a record of 22-13-3 with a 2.29 goals-against average (eighth in the league), a .924 save percentage (ninth) and five shutouts (T-second).
Taylor, 26, has made 104 career AHL appearances with Abbotsford, Springfield, Syracuse and Manchester, compiling a record of 46-28-7 with a 2.64 GAA, a .919 save percentage and nine shutouts.
- All-Star tickets on sale now to Comets STH
- Laughton named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- AHL announces suspension
- Canucks assign Horvat to Utica
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future