Heat re-sign goaltender Taylor
The Abbotsford Heat announced today the signing of goaltender Danny Taylor to a one-year American Hockey League contract.
Taylor joined the Heat after signing as a free agent on Dec. 2, 2011. In 43 AHL games between Abbotsford and Springfield last season, Taylor earned a record of 22-13-3 with a 2.29 goals-against average (eighth in the league), a .924 save percentage (ninth) and five shutouts (T-second).
Taylor, 26, has made 104 career AHL appearances with Abbotsford, Springfield, Syracuse and Manchester, compiling a record of 46-28-7 with a 2.64 GAA, a .919 save percentage and nine shutouts.
- Dumba's development deepens Wild D corps
- Newcomer Garbowsky feels at home in Rochester
- Playoff Primer: April 18
- Monarchs' O'Neill voted AHL MVP
- Bolts-Wings matchup familiar to AHL followers
- Three AHL clubs announce new affiliations
- Pens' Murray voted AHL's top goalie
- AHL announces suspensions