Heat set AHL record with 2 goals in :03
The Abbotsford Heat set an American Hockey League record for the fastest two goals scored by one team, finding the net twice in three seconds during a 3-0 win over the Toronto Marlies at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre on Thursday night.
Steve McCarthy scored at 4:28 of the third period to break a scoreless tie, and on the ensuing faceoff, Ben Street shot the puck from center ice and beat Marlies goalie Ben Scrivens to make it 2-0. Both goals were shorthanded.
The previous AHL record for two fastest goals by one team was five seconds, most recently accomplished by the Worcester IceCats in 2003.
Sven Baertschi added an empty-net goal for the Heat and Barry Brust made 22 saves for the shutout.
The teams meet again in Abbotsford on Friday night.
- Miller looking to make the leap
- Bears agree to terms with Broda
- Pirates sign Selleck, Hanley
- Amerks sign defenseman Petrecki
- Rowe returning to Rampage, Allen added
- Bears, Cornet agree to terms
- Blackhawks agree to terms with Leighton
- Griffins add Ferschweiler as assistant coach