Heat set AHL record with 2 goals in :03
The Abbotsford Heat set an American Hockey League record for the fastest two goals scored by one team, finding the net twice in three seconds during a 3-0 win over the Toronto Marlies at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre on Thursday night.
Steve McCarthy scored at 4:28 of the third period to break a scoreless tie, and on the ensuing faceoff, Ben Street shot the puck from center ice and beat Marlies goalie Ben Scrivens to make it 2-0. Both goals were shorthanded.
The previous AHL record for two fastest goals by one team was five seconds, most recently accomplished by the Worcester IceCats in 2003.
Sven Baertschi added an empty-net goal for the Heat and Barry Brust made 22 saves for the shutout.
The teams meet again in Abbotsford on Friday night.
- Series Snapshot: Monarchs vs. Admirals
- Series Snapshot: Senators vs. Penguins
- Series Snapshot: IceCaps vs. Devils
- Hedden lifts Stars to OT victory
- Falcons take Game 1 in overtime
- Series Snapshot: Stars vs. Barons
- Series Snapshot: Falcons vs. Bruins
- AHL Morning Skate: April 23