Hurricanes acquire Nemisz
The Carolina Hurricanes on Monday acquired forward Greg Nemisz from the Calgary Flames in exchange for forward Kevin Westgarth.
Nemisz will report to the Hurricanes’ American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers.
Nemisz, 22, has scored five goals, earned four assists and posted a plus-5 rating in 32 games this season with the AHL’s Abbotsford Heat. The Courtice, Ont., native is in his fourth professional season, and has appeared in 15 career NHL regular-season games with Calgary, earning one assist. Nemisz has played in 206 career AHL regular-season games with Abbotsford, notching 35 goals and earning 46 assists (81 points).
The Flames drafted Nemisz in the first round, 25th overall, of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was a member of the Windsor Spitfires’ back-to-back Memorial Cup-winning teams in 2009 and 2010, and represented Canada at the 2010 World Junior Championship.
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Checkers pushing through slow start
- Stretch off to solid start with Sound Tigers
- AHL announces suspension
- Life as a pro just Golden for McKenzie
- Samson ready for big role with new team
- Crunch to surpass indoor attendance record
- Hellebuyck primed for big things