Hurricanes call for Peters
The Carolina Hurricanes announced on Monday night that the team has recalled goaltender Justin Peters from the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.
Peters, 26, has posted a 22-12-1 record and a 2.29 goals-against average in 37 games this season with Charlotte. The Blyth, Ont., native ranks second among AHL netminders this season with six shutouts, and his 22 wins rank him fourth in the league.
Peters is in his seventh professional season and has an 11-11-3 record and a 3.23 GAA in 28 NHL career games with Carolina since making his debut on Feb. 6, 2010. The Hurricanes drafted Peters in the second round, 38th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Peters becomes the 21st participant in the 2013 Dunkin' Donuts AHL All-Star Classic to be recalled to the National Hockey League since the Jan. 27-28 event.
- Hedden lifts Stars to OT victory
- Falcons take Game 1 in overtime
- Series Snapshot: Stars vs. Barons
- Series Snapshot: Falcons vs. Bruins
- AHL Morning Skate: April 23
- Veteran Fortunus still takes it step by step
- Samson named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Morin, Boychuk win AHL scoring races