Hurricanes recall Jordan from Charlotte
The Carolina Hurricanes announced today that Checkers defenseman Michal Jordan has been recalled and will join the team prior to its game tonight in Raleigh against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jordan, 22, is in his third professional season – all with Charlotte – and has 15 points (6g, 9a) in 48 games. He ranks second among active Checkers defensemen in scoring and represented the Western Conference at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic in Providence, R.I. Jordan becomes the 14th participant to be recalled since the Jan. 27-28 event.
This marks the first NHL call-up for the Zlin, Czech Republic, native, who has 14 goals and 41 assists in 191 career AHL regular-season games with the Checkers.
- Monarchs' O'Neill voted AHL MVP
- Bolts-Wings matchup familiar to AHL followers
- Three AHL clubs announce new affiliations
- Playoff Primer: April 17
- Pens' Murray voted AHL's top goalie
- AHL announces suspensions
- Right wing revival
- Monarchs' Stothers voted coach of the year