Hurricanes recall Jordan from Charlotte
The Carolina Hurricanes announced today that Checkers defenseman Michal Jordan has been recalled and will join the team prior to its game tonight in Raleigh against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jordan, 22, is in his third professional season – all with Charlotte – and has 15 points (6g, 9a) in 48 games. He ranks second among active Checkers defensemen in scoring and represented the Western Conference at the 2013 AHL All-Star Classic in Providence, R.I. Jordan becomes the 14th participant to be recalled since the Jan. 27-28 event.
This marks the first NHL call-up for the Zlin, Czech Republic, native, who has 14 goals and 41 assists in 191 career AHL regular-season games with the Checkers.
- Hartman working on game in Rockford
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- AHL announces suspensions
- Noesen determined to return again
- Senators' game rounding back into shape
- Rookie Hudon makes it look easy
- Canucks, Islanders make trade
- Pastrnak youngest in both AHL and NHL