IceCaps agree to terms with Kaunisto
The St. John’s IceCaps have agreed to terms with forward Ray Kaunisto on an AHL contract.
Kaunisto, 25, played in 74 games with the Manchester Monarchs during the 2011-12 season. In that time, the left-handed forward recorded 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) and 65 penalty minutes.
The Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., native played four years at Northern Michigan University from 2006-10, where he recorded 62 points (36g, 26a) and 208 penalty minutes.
- Playoff Primer: March 28
- Koekkoek making big strides with Syracuse
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Consistency is key for Chaput and the Falcons
- Stars’ strong ATO tradition helps playoff push
- Chiarot's dream being realized in Winnipeg
- Flames' Poirier shining in rookie season
- Crunch to honor NBA's Nationals