IceCaps agree to terms with Kaunisto
The St. John’s IceCaps have agreed to terms with forward Ray Kaunisto on an AHL contract.
Kaunisto, 25, played in 74 games with the Manchester Monarchs during the 2011-12 season. In that time, the left-handed forward recorded 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) and 65 penalty minutes.
The Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., native played four years at Northern Michigan University from 2006-10, where he recorded 62 points (36g, 26a) and 208 penalty minutes.
- Mrazek rewarding Red Wings with performance
- Griffith's 3OT winner lifts Providence
- Wathier's late goal keeps Portland alive
- Frattin scores twice, Marlies take 2-0 lead
- AHL announces suspension
- AHL Morning Skate: April 26
- Barons work OT magic again
- IceHogs knock off Stars again