IceCaps agree to terms with Kaunisto
The St. John’s IceCaps have agreed to terms with forward Ray Kaunisto on an AHL contract.
Kaunisto, 25, played in 74 games with the Manchester Monarchs during the 2011-12 season. In that time, the left-handed forward recorded 22 points (seven goals, 15 assists) and 65 penalty minutes.
The Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., native played four years at Northern Michigan University from 2006-10, where he recorded 62 points (36g, 26a) and 208 penalty minutes.
- #AHLOTB: Stortini leads on and off the ice
- AHL names award winners for November
- NHL.com: WBS leads Eastern Conference
- Sparks makes historic debut for Leafs
- AHL announces suspension
- Hudon named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
- Reign-Gulls rivalry is getting hot
- #AHLOTB: Langlois returning to pre-injury form