IceHogs re-sign W. Brookbank
The Rockford IceHogs have agreed to terms with veteran forward Wade Brookbank on an AHL contract for the 2013-14 season.
Brookbank appeared in 28 games for the IceHogs in 2012-13, tallying one assist and racking up 100 penalty minutes. In 101 games with Rockford over the last three seasons, the Lanigan, Sask., native has registered eight points (3g, 5a) and 287 penalty minutes.
The 2013-14 campaign marks Brookbank’s 17th professional season. The 35-year-old forward has skated in 127 career National Hockey League contests with Nashville, Vancouver, Boston and Carolina, totaling six goals, three assists and 345 penalty minutes. He has also logged a total of 424 career games in the AHL with Grand Rapids, Binghamton, Milwaukee, Manitoba, Providence, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Albany, Norfolk and Rockford, registering eight goals, 28 assists and 1,359 PIM.
- Hoffman pushing for full time spot with Ottawa
- Attitude Czech
- Drouin nets winner in pro debut
- Caps prospect Carrick has bright future
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Agozzino 'staying hungry' with the Monsters
- Pedan keeping it simple with the Sound Tigers
- Boychuk, Terry help make a point for the 'Canes