IceHogs sign Miskovic, Schnell
The Rockford IceHogs announced on Wednesday that they have agreed to terms with defenseman Zach Miskovic and forward Ryan Schnell on AHL contracts for the 2014-15 season.
Miskovic, 29, returns to Rockford after appearing in 15 games for the IceHogs in 2013-14, registering seven assists. The River Forest, Ill., also played for San Antonio and Iowa last season, finishing with one goal and nine assists in 44 games.
Miskovic, who won a Calder Cup with Hershey in 2010, has recorded 20 goals and 51 assists for 71 points in 238 career AHL matches.
Schnell, 25, played 39 games for the eventual Eastern Conference champion St. John's IceCaps last season, tallying one goal and racking up 120 penalty minutes.
The Cary, Ill., native has skated in 84 career AHL games between St. John’s and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and has recorded four points (3g, 1a) and 260 PIM.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions