Islanders acquire Mangene
The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired defenseman Andrew MacDonald from the New York Islanders in exchange for forward Matt Mangene, a third-round pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, and a second-round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
Mangene, a 24-year-old Long Island native (Manorville, N.Y.), has skated in 51 games with the AHL's Adirondack Phantoms this season, registering three goals and three assists. He has totaled eight goals and nine assists for 17 points in 92 career AHL games with the Phantoms.
Mangene played three seasons at the University of Maine and is a product of the New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs program.
MacDonald, 27, has played 295 career NHL games with the Islanders after playing 114 games in the AHL with Bridgeport. MacDonald appeared in the AHL All-Star Classic in 2009.
- Newbury notches 500th AHL point
- Laughton turning heads early in Lehigh Valley
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Texas adds Nichushkin on conditioning stint
- All-Star Classic tickets to go on sale Monday
- Hartford's Haggerty has eyes on New York
- Schroeder leading the charge
- AHL announces front-office additions