Islanders send five more to Bridgeport
The New York Islanders announced today that forwards Sean Backman, Colin McDonald and Matt Watkins and defensemen Nathan McIver and Ty Wishart have all cleared waivers and have been assigned to the Islanders' American Hockey League affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.
Those five players join a group of 19 players that were assigned by the Islanders to the Sound Tigers yesterday, including Marc Cantin, Casey Cizikas, Jason Clark, Calvin de Haan, Brandon DeFazio, Matt Donovan, Mike Halmo, Travis Hamonic, Kirill Kabanov, Jon Landry, Brock Nelson, Aaron Ness, Nino Niederreiter, Anders Nilsson, John Persson, Kevin Poulin, Blair Riley, Johan Sundstrom and David Ullstrom.
The Sound Tigers will begin training camp on Sept. 28 and play their season opener on Friday, Oct. 12 at the Connecticut Whale. Their home opener is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 13 against the Providence Bruins at Webster Bank Arena.
- Ex-Bear Carrick thriving in Toronto
- Marlies hope resiliency will come in handy
- AHL Morning Skate: May 25
- Monsters roll to 3-0 series lead
- Forsberg's patience paying off
- Keefe brings winning touch to Leafs' system
- AHL time readied Murray, Vasilevskiy for spotlight
- Penguins re-sign captain Kostopoulos