Johansen returned to Falcons
The Springfield Falcons announced on Wednesday that center Ryan Johansen has been assigned to the club by its NHL affiliate, the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Johansen was recalled by the Blue Jackets at the start of the NHL's 2012-13 season last month and has recorded two assists and a minus-5 rating in 10 games with Columbus.
In 34 contests to begin the campaign with the Falcons, Johansen compiled 14 goals and 13 assists for 27 points and was plus-11.
A native of Vancouver, B.C., Johansen collected 21 points (9g, 12a) in 67 appearances with the Blue Jackets during his rookie season of 2011-12.
Johansen was selected in the first round (fourth overall) by Columbus in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
- Senators find right mix of youth, leadership
- Griffins recognized by Gameops.com
- Blackhawks, Rangers make trade
- Wolves honored for game operations
- Kristo embraces leadership role as a rookie
- AHL Highlights of the Week
- Five years in, Morin a Texas Stars institution
- Wild making community impact