Kane reaches milestone with 500th point
Hershey Bears captain Boyd Kane became the 85th player in American Hockey League history with 500 career points, reaching the milestone with a first-period goal at Manchester on Saturday night.
Kane, a three-time Calder Cup champion (2005 with Philadelphia, 2006 and 2010 with Hershey), also recorded an assist in the 6-4 loss to the Monarchs and now has 213 goals and 288 assists in 926 career AHL games with Hershey, Philadelphia, Springfield and Hartford over 15 seasons from 1998-2003.
A 34-year-old native of Swift Current, Sask., Kane has also appeared in 31 career National Hockey League contests with Washington and Philadelphia.
Kane is the fourth player in the AHL to reach the 500-point mark this season, joining Providence's Graham Mink, Rockford's Martin St. Pierre and Bears teammate Jon DiSalvatore.
- Lightning re-sign Yanni Gourde
- A record rookie season
- Helmer named Hershey's VP of Hockey Operations
- Doug Soetaert named GM of Roadrunners
- T.J. Hensick signs with Ontario
- LaBarbera named WHL goaltending coach
- Monsters' coach signs two-year extention
- Brian Sandy named President of Tucson Roadrunners